Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

MAKING :: A Lap Quilt

10 August 2012

In an attempt to brighten up our lounge room and to have something extra to snuggle under I actually made a lap quilt. I know, it's hard to believe given that my first quilting attempt still remains unfinished. Our living area is mostly white and neutrals with a few pops of colour, so I chose fabrics that would add to the 'pop'.

the quilt top before backing and binding

I did face a practical vs aesthetic issue when making this lap quilt. I wanted the design to be made up of large shapes, and I know that quilting lines should be no more than 2 inches apart, but I just couldn't bring myself to have any lines breaking up the clean triangles. So I just 'stitched in the ditch' (well, to be truthful, I stitched next to the ditch), and will have to see what happens when I wash the quilt... I know, I live dangerously don't I!

finished and rumpled from use

.