Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Simplify

09 January 2012

I'm a bit late to the party aren't I? Most bloggers are back in the swing of things already. I hope you had a wonderful break and happy new year! Hello twenty twelve... for me the year of living with less.

Since selling our house in early December I've been thinking a lot about simplifying my life by streamlining my belongings. Going from a 3 bedroom house to a (probably small) 2 bedroom apartment will require some downsizing anyway. But more than that I want to get rid of "stuff". A big thing for me is also making a fresh start for Roxy and I, and I want to do that without feeling weighed down by our current furniture.

After much consideration I've decided to sell my two beloved stripy chairs. I adore them, but I need to let go and move on. Would you like to buy them? Sorry, the chairs have been snapped up already! They are Art Deco 1930's/40's chairs which I had professionally restored. The timber has been beautifully restored and looks amazing, and the fabric is gorgeous French cotton canvas from ici et la. If you are interested please email me with STRIPY CHAIRS in the subject line. We are in Lane Cove, Sydney and the chairs would have to be collected by 28th January.


photos by Lucy Feagins, The Design Files

Also up for grabs is a lovely and practical Art Deco sideboard. I'm not sure what the timber is, but it's possibly maple? It really is a great example of deco furniture in original condition, with fantastic original deco handles. There is a mirror-backed display section, and lots of storage. Interested? Sorry, it's sold too. Email me with SIDEBOARD in the subject line. As with the chairs it would have to be collected by 28th January.



I'm hoping to be organised enough to have an online garage sale soon to sell out some of my products at substantially reduced prices, as well as Gocco supplies, design and craft books, and other bits and pieces. There'll probably also be small furniture pieces like mid century stools, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, I'm sorting, packing and simplifying.
.